"What's not to like about Music? Music not only develops skills as a musician but also as a person. How many subjects offer you the opportunity to learn different pieces/skills whilst working with peers in a disciplined manner? Everyone can be a musician in the music room, it may not mean you become famous but you'll have had fun whilst learning, working hard whilst having fun. There is no such thing as "I can't" because you know something? With enough effort & hard work you will soon see that you certainly can!"
Head of Subject:
Yr 11 Course Title
KS4 Exam Board and Course Number
AQA Music GCSE 4270
Coursework and Exam Percentages
Unit 1 Listening & Appraising 1 hour written exam 20%
Unit 2 Composing & Appraising Music Externally Assessed 20% 20 hours of supervised time. Candidates have to compose a piece within a strand set by the exam board
Unit 3 Performing Music Controlled Assessment 40%. Candidates have to perform a solo & a group performance piece
Unit 4 Composing Music Controlled Assessment 20%. Candidates have 25 hours of supervised time to compose a piece of their own choice.
KS4 Course Details:
The course develops skills in the key areas of Music; Composing, Performing & Listening.
KS4 Number of lessons per week:
3 lessons a week including an instrumental lesson provided free of charge by the Academy
Activities in Music
- All Students are more than welcome to visit music any lunchtime or after school to practise pieces of their own choice.
- Orchestra Monday 2.40 – 3.30pm
- Singing Group Tuesday 1.00pm
- Guitar and keyboard group Wednesday 1:00pm
- Thursday 2.40 – 3.30pm JWA Steel Pans in MAPAS
- Intervention is on a 1:1 basis with KS4 students. The students will be asked to attend by Miss Thomas.
Have your say on your Music lessons here: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/8S6JMLC